Saturday, February 12, 2011

Adventures in sock knitting

I have really been neglecting this blog since the start of the year. I am really going to try and post a least once a week. I think about it often and things I would write about, but then when I get home and can actually do it I can't motivate myself. Part of the reason I started this in the first place was I really like to write and want to get into the habit of writing so I can work on a book idea I have.

So I am working on my third pair of socks ever now. My second sock from my first pair is still on my needles. Yeah... I know, I am just still angry with it. My second pair which were done two at a time went pretty smoothly and the recipient of them still loves them a lot. This pair which I am also doing two at a time seemed to fly! Then we got to my Achilles well... heel. This is the reason that second sock is still languishing. I have serious heel issues. I love short row heels, but I don't love the holes that form when I make short row heels. I got through heel one of this pair and sure enough tiny little holes in a cute arch. Sadly, the KAL I am participating in had little advice. So I consulted the sock knitter group on Ravelry and found something awesome. I found a no wrap option for short rows. So I am giving that a try. I will let you know how it goes. Otherwise, I am happy with how these are coming out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment