Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ok, I just finished watching the new episode of Doctor Who written by Neil Gaiman, The Doctor's Wife. I apologize if I am a bit over excited, but that was one of the best episodes of any TV show that I have seen since Mulder kissed Scully on New Years. I mean it was Doctor Who meets Neverwhere, but it was all Doctor Who. You can tell Gaiman is definitely a fan of the series and knows his stuff. Suranne Jones did an amazing job of playing the TARDIS. How do you even direct a part like that? So, you are a possibly sentient non-physical entity that powers an multidimensional, time and space traveling craft that has been trapped in a human body. Let's see your thoughts on the part.. Anyway, I am just blown away and giddy with excitement. I wish they'd get Neil Gaiman to do a whole season. The man is an effing genius and I love his work.


My original plans for this post was to discuss that due to the presence of this shiny ball of bright stuff in the sky today I got a lot done. It makes my yarn look really pretty in photos. So I managed to photograph my new stash additions as well as some old ones. I now only have about 7 balls in my Ravelry stash page that are un-photographed. Now that I am taking pictures regularly, I really want a digital SLR. I have put it off since they came out, because I just don't do photography as much as I used to. I am looking into a Sony camera, for the sole fact that my Minolta lenses from my SLR will fit it. That'll save me about $1000 over trying to replace what I currently have. Also, I am not looking to do professional photography, just to have something that will work and make me happy. I am considering the Sony A55 which I have read some great reviews on. It's downfalls are fast motion, which isn't something I ever do anymore, and the upshot is good lowlight photography, which I do a lot of these days. It came out in the 3rd quarter of 2010, so I will be keeping my eye on the reviews for a bit. I think this post is getting a bit long, so I will leave you with some pictures of my Whisker Cardigan I have been working on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment